Rhythm Kids is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class where children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming.
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements.
- Experience drumming, song and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm.
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation.
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are offered for 4-8 year olds with parent participation strongly encouraged. Classes are offered for both beginning (level 1) and intermediate (level 2) students in a combined, family-style setting.
- Weekly, 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and CD each semester
- Access to online video tutorials, music reading readiness activities, and play-alongs
Rhythm Kids students will need their own drum to use in class and at home.
A djembe is preferred, but any hand drum will work, so please use what you can find. There are drums available on Amazon or you may purchase a drum from Djembe Direct and use the code RHYTHMKIDS to receive a 5% discount. Shipping is FREE.